Hi,

I have a similar problem, as mentioned here https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton/issues/251. Maybe they are correlated.

Best,
Vittorio

On 02-Feb-18 8:25 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

On 2 Feb 2018, at 19:07, Richard Mortier <richard.mort...@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

On 02/02/2018 18:17, Mindy Preston wrote:
On 02/02/18 06:32, JIM Yuan wrote:
Hi,

I installed Xen on Ubuntu 16.04 Server, which runs as a VM in VirtualBox 5.2.6
on macOS.
I think nested virtualization (running Xen within another hypervisor) is not
very well supported (perhaps someone more familiar with the current state of
nested virt in Xen can comment more?), and I'm not surprised that there are
problems with a unikernel that tries to use network resources there.  I would
recommend trying with a hypervisor running directly on hardware, not
virtualized itself.
FWIW that used to work, at least for me. I will admit to not having done it
recently though, so perhaps somewhere in changes to OSX, Virtualbox, Xen and
Mirage over the last year or two, things have changed.
Indeed — this doesn’t look like a nested virt crash to me, since it has
attached to netfront and is crashing quite late in boot.  I’ll see if I can
reproduce it later, as I’m suspicious that this might be due to a change
somewhere in newer Xen device models.  It’s hard to tell without a gdb
backtrace for sure where it’s crashing.

Anil