Dr. Peter Pöml wrote:
MirrorBrain stores the full path and uses that for redirection, anchored to the
top-level directory of your file tree.
From where does mirrorbrain determine "the top-level directory of my file tree"? the <directory> block in which the mirrorbrain engine
is enabled? the documentroot of the vhost? somewhere else?

You don't have to worry about confusion with /anothersubdir/file1, because only
the full (relative) path is used, not some part or trailing filename.
Presumablly this also means that partial mirrors can't be used.
Thus, you can have as many "Packages" files as you like ;)
Which is good news though I don't think I can really mirrorbrain them because of the lack of data checking.