On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 00:08:47 -0600
Devin Reade <g...@gno.org> wrote:
> Benny Lofgren <bl-li...@lofgren.biz> wrote:
> > The reason for my initial suggestion, which was along the lines Rafal whom
> > you commented also thought, was that a donation *ISN'T A FUCKING OPTION*
> > where I and others live.
> It is worth <value> to us.  If you're interested, send us an invoice
> (from either you personally or your corporation or other business
> entity) in some readily machine readable format (text file,
> spread sheet, pdf, it doesn't matter) that lists the amount

Just to elaborate and add to this suggestion:
In a lot (all?) of the European countries are donations by a company
NOT tax deductible (as ranted before ;) )

The only possibility for them is to
a) "sponsor" somebody, who then has to advertise etc. for them; there
has to be some economic effect that is in relation to the amount
b) "hire" a programmer, with all the legal side effects
c) "purchase" something, but this requires a legally valid
invoice according to the local law (e.g. a simple text file may not be
valid!)
d) "donations" are only possible to *accredited* organizations, and
even then only a fraction can be deducted from taxes

Note:
I'm not a tax consultant, but I wanted to point out the problems that
the finance department has when a company wants to "give away" money.

Imho, as a company you should just buy the existing shop items from a
local dealer (= invoice).

kind regards,
Robert