Hi Michael,

> I'm looking for a NAT/firewall/VPN solution with failover for a
private enterprise TV system.  While my gut reaction is PF, I'm
wondering if anybody here has done this before.

I might start a capabilities war, but we've seen OpenBSD become CPU
bound with about 150k packets per second with some pretty fast hardware.
This is without PF running.  I'm sure there are a million tweaks that
can be done to improve this, but expecting OpenBSD + PF to process small
packets (lets say 128 byte packets on average), resulting in 1 million
packets per second on a "full" 1Gbps connection, is probably not going
to happen.

Eric