> If the driver is em for Intel Pro/1000 MT, that has received a serious
boost. People are reporting close to light speed :-)

Wow, that's pretty fast. =)  I think...? ;)

> Search for the thread "Performance degradation after upgrade". The
devs have made networking for certain cards blazingly fast, its a
ongoing process.

I thought most of these issues were related to 4.8 and 4.9-current.
I'll do a search and do some reading.  I've always been looking for the
best card(s) and version to use, but there's only so much time and
money.

> So your comment might be way off. You need to test with -current if
possible and then report back if gigabit voice/video perf is still bad
even with your setup.

I hope so.  The OP should probably try it themselves and report back.
For our environment, we've already begun the transition to
hardware-based routing (OpenFlow-based) since we need mega-Mpps
ultimately, but it's nice to see continued progress since we may still
have needs at the edge for high-performance routing and services running
on OpenBSD.

Thanks for your reply!

Eric