On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Mihai Popescu <mih...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> B Andres Perera wote:
>> B i don't understand why is such a simple problem turning into drama
>
> It is not. As for the understanding part, you need to identify what is
> stopping you in the first place - is it that english is not your first
> language and you don't have enough of it, or is it that you read
> between lines, or any other thing. Once you will find it, you can
> asjust it and come to an understanding. Eventually.
>
>> that's outside the conditions. i am talking about a real world
>> situation where i had ONE COMPUTER and it did not have a cd drive
>
> Nick, the FAQ and a bunch of internet out there ARE TALKING about the
> same thing. Didn't you really see this?
>
>> that's it. there's no other way to look at it
>
> Says who? Take a look at soekris.com stuff and believe this boards are
> able to get OpenBSD installed on them and run it successfully. And
> guess what? Only ONE COMPUTER is involved to prepare the OS.

read very slowly

if they don't use the following to boot:

* bootp (requires more than one system)
* a cd (requires an optical drive)
* a floppy (requires a floppy drive)

then they boot from hdd. it doesn't matter if it's usb, sata or what have you

there are no official boot images for hdd. nick is aware of this, and
so are the rest of the developers

the faq requires that you boot with bsd.rd and use that environment to
install to usb media

you cannot do that with a single computer that can only boot from usb
hdd with the official media, so you need to install to qemu

you are obviously not talking about the same situation, and neither is
the other dude. more than that, you've never encountered this problem
or else you'd be familiar with the requirements

you are a humongous idiot