Alexei Malinin wrote:
> Thomas Adam wrote:
>> On 18 April 2012 19:04, Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes.  For some window operations like moving or resizing
>>> windows, window managers (at least twm, fvwm, mwm) cause all
>>> window updates to stop, in turn causing applications to stop.
>>> This is very noticeable with xterm and programs running in xterm.
>>> As you have noticed, xmms also stops.
>>
>> Window managers like twm and FVWM which hail from the days when
>> moving windows which were still mapped fully caused problems, would
>> often draw a window outline instead to represent the window. During
>> the move/resize operation (leading to a huge round-trip of
>> ConfigureNotify events) these could be effectively ignored until
>> the actual placement of the window had been made, and then the
>> window would redraw correctly.
>>
>> During the entire time the window is being moved though, the
>> XServer is grabbed. This has the effect that all applications
>> "stop" -- and for most applications -- XMMS included -- this often
>> means they're interrupted since the events destined for the windows
>> are queued pending the eventual XServer ungrab.
>>
>> To this end, FVWM solves this with OpaqueMove, as does TWM.
>>
>> So I would say to the OP that he looks at the following TWM
>>
>> NoGrabServer
>> OpaqueMove
>
> Thank you for explanation, Thomas.
>
> I have "NoGrabServer" option in my .twmrc, I'll try "OpaqueMove"
> option next week...

Hello.

I tried "OpaqueMove" option in my .twmrc - it helped to eliminate
freezing during moving of windows.

But freezing still occurs under the following conditions:
1) I create an xterm window with undefined geometry resourse,
2) twm draws the window outline and waits until I place it
to somewhere on the screen,
3) xmms sound stops during the above twm waiting.

PS. Also I noticed that xmms sound was twitching when
    I was reading e-mail with SeaMonkey :(

--
Alexei Malinin