2012/4/23 Alexei Malinin <alexei.mali...@mail.ru>:
> I tried "OpaqueMove" option in my .twmrc - it helped to eliminate
> freezing during moving of windows.
>
> But freezing still occurs under the following conditions:
> 1) I create an xterm window with undefined geometry resourse,
> 2) twm draws the window outline and waits until I place it
> to somewhere on the screen,
> 3) xmms sound stops during the above twm waiting.
>
> PS. Also I noticed that xmms sound was twitching when
>    I was reading e-mail with SeaMonkey :(

When you say you're still having the problem under those conditions
and with SeaMonkey  - is that with -CURRENT now? Or what version? (If
it's not -CURRENT, try that next.)

If that doesn't help, did you try it with aucat as suggested before?

If that doesn't help, have you tried playing with fifo sizes as
Alexandre suggested?

(And if none of this helps, then some of the aforementioned (in this
thread) does suggest some design problems which might only be
resolvable by replacing twm (unless you want to become a twm developer
and try fixing those fairly fundamental design problems).)