hello everyone.

I was thinking that if we had a live image (A full running system) with an
installer, we could have easier installations for the blind (and others as
well). Now, some systems have the ability to port the screen to a local serial
port (these are getting rare in modern commodity systems) and there are a
couple of screen device options that will allow either screen->console output
or screen->network. these, however, are fairly expensive solutions.

I even suggested this to an interviewer from the conference happening in
canada today.  Now, I do understand that making OpenBSD capable of this might
entail a lot of development work.

now, some linux projects (like OpenSUSE, Ubuntu and Vinux) can operate as a
live dvd (and in the case of Vinux, even the installer is fully accessible)
but OpenBSD isn't Linux. However, this type of installation system could prove
to be very powerful as hardware detection and settings could be made before
running the installation script.

Oh, and Theo, I would understand if you find this idea a little far fetched.
Still, all I request is that you  and your team give it a look-see.  I am
still looking at using the custom scripting project to perform an install, but
have run into a couple of snags dealing with some of the variables that need
to be passed to the installer (I know, I know, read some more).

anyway, take a look and see if this idea is doable. There are a lot of blind
people like me that want something more secure than windows and easier to
work.

Let me know what you guys think.

btw, as an afterthought, I should mention that I am using OpenBSD 5.0 with
Speakup as the console screen reader. This system is my household firewall and
internal DNS.

-eric