On 6/1/2012 10:04 AM, Scott McEachern wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping that I'm missing something simple (like usual) and maybe someone could straighten me out.

I'm trying to add a pair of 3TB drives to my workstation, which I plan on turning into a ~3TB RAID 1 array, and seem to be having difficulty realizing the full size of the drives.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#LargeDrive

I don't have any experience using disks this large in OpenBSD, but ye olde fine print:

"Note that not all controllers and drivers support large disks. For example, ami(4) has a limit of 2TB per logical volume. Always be aware of what was available when a controler or interface was manufactured, and don't just rely on "the connectors fit"."

However, it's far from hopeless, yet...