On Mon Jun  4 2012 08:16, Peter Laufenberg wrote:
> UEFI has gotten more press, and given RH an opportunity to present
> itself as defender of freedom, but it's really an evolution of PCs
> running black-box code when and where it can do most harm.

In fact, RH betrayed the OSS community by not trying to exert at least
some pressure on the big players in the mainboard industry, willing to
implement UEFI with Secure Boot adhering to MS's constraints. RH was
probably the only big OSS vendor with powers to fight against that
pervert situation in that every boot code out there needs to be signed
by MS. They probably say, it's only 99 dollars, so what? It's isn't
worth the hassle, let's take the most convenient option, which works
for us. We don't care for you, outlandish operating system (OSS)
vendors ... very sad.

Norman.