On 01/11/13 16:38, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> Btw, how many are really using ed everyday, now in 2013? I believe I'm not
> the only one who thinks this. My guess is that vi could be more appreciated
> by most of the user base more than ed.

If you claim to be a unix administrator, learn ed.

If you have to bring up your OpenBSD or Solaris machine in single user
mode with an unavailable /usr (and thus, no dynamically linked apps),
you will be glad you know it.  It's an "always there" tool...it "just
works", and it ain't so bad if you spend 15 minutes to learn how it
works before you need it.

Nick.