----- Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> [2013-02-24 13:21:09 +0100] ----- :

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 08:57:14AM +0000, James Griffin wrote:
> > ----- rich...@thornton.net <rich...@thornton.net> [2013-02-21 00:29:45
> > +0000] ----- :
> >
> > > Is sendmail enabled by default?  If not, how do I do that?
> >
> > It's not enabled by default. And you need to copy
> > /usr/share/sendmail/cf/openbsd-proto.mc to your hostname.mc; edit it
> > with your requirements, then use make(1) on your hostname.mc file and
> > copy the resulting hostname.cf file to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.
>
> NO, sendmail *is* enabled by default.  It has a minimal configuration that
> just makes sure the daily/weekly/monthly emails reach some configuration.

Of course, you're right. I meant really that it's not enabled for
internet mail by default. My comment was misleading.

It's trivial to get it set up. Look at the docs, and you'll have it up
and running in no time.

--
Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38