Hello,

Thank you all for your answers.

First I would like to understand
better what's happening. According to what I read, there are no block in the
disk itself, they refer to the word sector. Then, the OS, here OpenBSD format
it with a block size.
So from a physical point of view I have faulty sectors
on my disk right ?

I bought this disk about a year ago. And ok, I write in a
few files (~1000 rrd files) every minute all year long. I'm surprise that you
guys ask me to throw the disk away because a few blocks out of thousands are
faulty.

Smartmontools doesn't complain about my disk

# smartctl -H /dev/wd1c
=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment
test result: PASSED

# smartctl -l selftest  /dev/wd1c
=== START OF READ SMART
DATA SECTION ===
SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
Num
Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)
LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Short offline       Interrupted (host reset)
90%     25468         -

Josh do you know which program I should use in
sleuthkit suite ?
I'm very interested in knowing which files I've lost

And
do you know which badblocks option I should use to follow your suggestion ?
At the end I will follow your recomendations and buy a new disk for my data.
But I'll keep this one for a test server and of course I'll put a red sticker
on the disk and write "faulty disk"

PS: Lee your mail server is rejecting my
mails "Access denied (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"
>________________________________
> De : Josh Grosse <j...@jggimi.homeip.net>
>À : "misc@openbsd.org" <misc@openbsd.org>
>Envoyé le : Dimanche 18 août 2013
3h26

at 10:51:36PM +0100, Mik J wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In my message log file I
have
>> /bsd: wd1g: uncorrectable data error
>> reading fsbn 27690576 of
27690560-27690591 (wd1 bn 1951859792; cn 121497 tn
>> 166 sn 29), retrying
>>
>> I used the badblocks utility an checked the whole disk
>> and only this
block number is faulty.
>> I tried to override it with zeros but no
>> luck,
impossible.

>> Since I believe my disk is ok, I would like it to avoid

realocating the block number 27690576. How can I do it ?

>The OS reported
that it failed to read the bad block -- therefore, the block is
>allocated --
to a file, directory, socket, or fifo.  As the data within the block
>is now
lost, the only recovery is from backup.  I don't believe the OS has any
>built-in tools that can determine ownership from a block number.
>
>    The
error could also have been produced if you or another admin just

happened to be reading blocks outside of filesystem control, such as using
>    dd(1) with if=/dev/...  in that case, the block might be unallocated.
>
>I haven't used it in some time, but if I recall correctly, sysutils/sleuthkit
>may be helpful in identifying block ownership.
>
>The badblocks program from
sysutils/e2fsprogs can be helpful in forcing a drive
>to reallocate the LBA
from its set of spare blocks.  The data will be lost, but
>the "bad block" LBA
will become "good" again.