Thanks Shawn. Sorry to go offlist.

So, I'm trying to do some initial testing. I'm on a MacBook with
OpenBSD in a VM. All I want to do is run my compiler over some source
files.

MacBooks have a funky keyboard, and when I try to use visudo to move
the cursor around, some of the arrow keys don't work. Not to mention
the DELETE key (or the key combinations I know to use to simulate
delete). visudo responds with ^? is not valid. I'm sure I'll have that
file corrupted shortly.

I really don't get why this shit is so f**k'ing difficult. How is
running around with a root terminal open more secure than exec'ing one
command under sudo???

Thanks for the advice.

Jeff