On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 07:42:46PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
<snip>
> And 'usermod -G sudo jwalton' does not work, either. It errors with
> "Can't append group sudo for user jwalton".
>
> This stuff really should not be this hard...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you really want to add
yourself to the wheel group, not sudo. This isn't Linux, and there is no
sudo group by default. For some reason Linux distros discarded the
traditional wheel group years ago. On OpenBSD wheel is used like the sudo
group, among other things.

You may also want to read the sudoers file. Just reading it will clue you
in this. And then go ahead and edit it.