On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:39:58PM +1200, Richard Toohey wrote:
> Was really enjoying Gnome 3 but it got a bit sluggish on the
> hardware I was using at the time, so headed for something more
> light-weight.

As a lot of you probably know, there's been a big jump in gfx
in current, both for Intel and ATI cards, thanks to the awesome
kms work by jsg, kettenis, and others (and many thanks to
the sponsor as well!)

As far as desktop goes, the experience went from sluggish
to modern (as in "wow, my gfx is fast").

All the more incentive to get people running current and
testing shitz :)