On 17 September 2013 20:37, Jes <jjje...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  but if you want you can mount them in /etc/fstab. Simply read the
> documentation about permissions and syntax. It's very easy.

 For NFS the best way is mount them in /etc/fstab too.

/Why/ is it the best way, though?

Unlike automounters, static fstab entries don't address the problem
of network filesystems being unreachable during boot. They will
eventually time out and fail, requiring manual intervention. Fine if
you have only a small group of systems... Failures may also rather
substantially lengthen the boot process.

Perhaps there are nasty side-effects of using automounters, but
I've never encountered any. If there are I'd love to hear about them!

John