previously on this list agrquinonez contributed:

> The other idea, is Members, every one of us could give five dollars per
> month to keep the privilege of using OpenBSD; receiving information,
> participating in the list, etc.

I think that would strangle the project and possibly prevent future
donater's becoming involved and passionate. I would guess OpenBSD has a
far higher percentage of users that donate or buy than debian but less
corporate backing.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)