On 6 February 2014 11:44, L. V. Lammert <l...@omnitec.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Kenneth Westerback wrote:
>
>> Shudder. NO! :-)
>>
>> Aside from the very valid hardware concerns Nick mentioned, there are
>> too many flag days of various kinds strewn along that path. Skip them
>> all, start fresh with a -current
>> snapshot.
>>
> Much better to start with new CD set, eh?

Well, that would imply waiting for May 1 or whenever the physical CD's
are available.

Starting now with a -current snapshot means getting everything working
in the meantime and then ordering the new CD's and installing the
-release (or -stable) files without worrying about flag days. We are
very close to locking 5.5 so very little major will be changing
between now and CD delivery.

.... Ken