On 2014-03-07, Stéphane Guedon <steph...@22decembre.eu> wrote:
> But when I try to change this user password it fails :
>
> # ldappasswd  -x -v -D "uid=test,ou=users,dc=22decembre,dc=eu" \
> -w somesecret -s anothersec
> ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
> Result: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
> Additional info: password hash failed

What is "password-hash" set to in slapd.conf on the server?

I think there is a bug with "password-hash {CRYPT}", if you use this
you can try "password-hash {SSHA}" for now, or (probably better)
encrypt the password locally and change it using ldapmodify (or
ldapvi, etc).

> slappasswd never gives the same result !

That's expected for salted hashes.

> Does any of you can suggest what's wrong ? Do you need other
> information ?

It won't necessarily help, but you should always mention versions (or
dates if building from source) of any relevant software and what machine
architecture you use in any problem report.