Le samedi 8 mars 2014, 12:23:19 Stuart Henderson a écrit :
> On 2014-03-07, Stéphane Guedon <steph...@22decembre.eu> wrote:
> > But when I try to change this user password it fails :
> >
> > # ldappasswd  -x -v -D "uid=test,ou=users,dc=22decembre,dc=eu" \
> > -w somesecret -s anothersec
> > ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
> > Result: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
> > Additional info: password hash failed
>
> What is "password-hash" set to in slapd.conf on the server?
>
> I think there is a bug with "password-hash {CRYPT}", if you use this
> you can try "password-hash {SSHA}" for now, or (probably better)
> encrypt the password locally and change it using ldapmodify (or
> ldapvi, etc).
>
> > slappasswd never gives the same result !
>
> That's expected for salted hashes.
>
> > Does any of you can suggest what's wrong ? Do you need other
> > information ?
>
> It won't necessarily help, but you should always mention versions
> (or dates if building from source) of any relevant software and
> what machine architecture you use in any problem report.

Thanks everybody from the list...
I changed the standard hash yesterday and now, password update works.
But I am still having problems with other parts of the ldap...

Notably, the user fails to auth and do login (with openbsd login
system AND webpages) eventhough password is correct according to ldap
itself !

By the way, anybody use the light ldapd daemon included in base ? can
we update password with it ?

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]