previously on this list Jean-Philippe Ouellet contributed:

> Also, "absolutely sure privacy is totally respected"???
> Let me know when you find a jurisdiction in which you can reasonably
> expect that to even be possible to begin with.

Yeah, I believe you have to pin STARTTLS for each host manually for it
not to be easily circumvented.

If you just wish to avoid search companies scanning your mail content
for keywords then I expect there are many providers to choose from.

Otherwise forget the server and use gpg and protect your host or look
for an ISP that gives you a static IP. I find I still have some trouble
with higher paying Cisco customers like banks though using dumb
filter methods.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)