On 2014-03-19, Giancarlo Razzolini <grazzol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em 19-03-2014 09:41, Stuart Henderson escreveu:
>> you have more trust in ISP DNS servers honouring TTLs than I do. if
>> you can only get a dynamic IP at home and would like to host mail
>> there yourself, in a machine which only you have physical access to,
>> etc. (i.e. do *not* want to keep your email archive on a VPS), you
>> could rent a VPS and use it as a tunnel endpoint instead.
>
> I don't. I do not use any of my ISP's dns servers. Also, in this case, I
> have to trust the other mta's dns servers honoring TTL's, not mine.

That is exactly what I mean. You trust other ISPs, who you don't even have
a business relationship with, to tell their customers/mtas to deliver
your mail to the correct address...

Some places deliberately place a minimum restriction on TTLs to save on
bandwidth. Others do it to mitigate DNS rebinding attacks. So you can have
problems caused by both good *and* bad ISPs...