I just tried to hang a USB audio dongle off my spiffy new machine,
and was rudely reminded of this long-standing issue:

  ehci0: Error opening low/full speed isoc endpoint.
  A low/full speed device is attached to a USB2 hub, and transaction
  translations are not yet supported.

Right.  I had seen this before but forgotten about it, and the
previous box where I had successfully tested this uaudio device
happened to be my Sun Blade 100, which only has USB1.1 to begin
with.

So it seems it is currently impossible to run any uaudio(4) device
that only supports USB1 speeds on a machine with USB2 ports.  Maybe
there are audio dongles that run at hi-speed, otherwise uaudio(4)
looks pretty useless.

Hmpf.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de