On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 10:17:41PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> previously on this list Christian Weisgerber contributed:
>
> > Maybe
> > there are audio dongles that run at hi-speed, otherwise uaudio(4)
> > looks pretty useless.

FWIW, I have 3 different uaudio dongles and they all work fine.
One is a Creative (I can get the model # if you want) and the
other two are no-name brands.

I have a fourth uaudio that attaches in an expresscard slot and that one
doesn't work, but it's not for the same reason as yours (it can't
understand the codecs, I think).

-ml