On 2014-06-03, Enric Morales <li...@enric.me> wrote:
> Hi Mark, Anders,
>
> On 03 Jun 2014 12:40, Marc Espie wrote:
>> Find stuff that doesn't work properly and figure out what's going on.
>>
>> Even without code, complete *reproduceable* bug reports are invaluable
>> resources.
>>
>> (hint: anything that dumps cores is a bug).
>
> I too was trying to find areas where I can help. The first one was
> buying a couple of T-shirts (i just received an opensource-ami and a
> wireframe blowfish) but thanks to your message, Mark, I'll send some
> core dumps I had lying around. Specifically, firefox and some other apps
> were coredumping quite often (not sure the coredumps can be tied to
> OpenBSD, though), but I'll surely keep an eye on that.

"sending core dumps" isn't going to help anything .. using them with
gdb on your own system to get additional information to help track
down bugs is helpful (getting a backtrace is a good start), delving
deeper needs a bit more programming knowledge but it's actually
quite easy to get started, at least with bugs in simpler programs.

What is much more helpful is working out what conditions trigger
the crash and writing them up so that somebody else can replicate it...