On 30-09-2014 12:46, trondd wrote:
> Sure, you have to somehow verify that the fingerprint is good and
> check it against the fingerprint you get when first connecting to the
> CVS server.  How can you verify that fingerprint is good?  I don't know.
SSHFP. DNSSEC. And other ways. But these won't happen. And that's not
necessarilly a bad thing. It makes you extra cautious. The downside is
that it's up to the user to be able to check things securely. Not every
user can or want to jump through all these hoops.

> Is it good enough to grab the signed source tarball, then checkout
> from CVS over it and make sure nothing changed in the process?
No, this won't cut it. Unless you check every line changed, and
understand completely what changed and the implications.

Cheers,

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]