I use bookmarks, but I have them in my Drupal portal so no need to remember
links, that by the way is restricted using apache authentication. The basic
idea is this: any time I need to set something in Firefox I have to restart the
VM as read-write, and while on it do not open any site. The first days I did
that frequently, but last time I set something in Firefox was months ago.

Best regards,
Jorge.