Quoting frantisek holop <min...@obiit.org>:

Jorge Gabriel Lopez Paramount, 16 Nov 2014 15:55:
>Seems heavy, and probably harder to set up and maintain than (e) and (f).

Sure it's harder to set up, but believe me, after setting up the maintenance
is almost zero. I restart every week that server as read-write to patch it

as if the browsers weren't memory hungry enough, and slow:
so let's throw them inside a VM that is another pile of
huge unadited codebase (especially when the guest is
linux)?

What can I say, I reserved 800 Mb. for the virtual machine running only Firefox. Bur to me it has a nice extra: I have an old netbook with an atom processor and 1 Gb. of RAM that I use on bed, and using the VM browser on it is very pleasant, not sluggish as you might expect of an old netbook. Another good extra is that I have the same browser with the same settings no matter what computer (in my home) I use.

Did I mention that I'm new to OpenBSD?    =)

the browsing experience of resource hungry sites on older
generation notebooks is abismal as it is, a VM is hardly
the solution for me.

It's as you say, but I have a resourceful "server" reserved for virtual machines and laptops that I use mostly to open terminals and remote sessions.

regarding the ssh key stealing, they are password
protected anyway, right?

I did not get this, but the only password in that VM is the root one and is different of the others, and that VM is not accessible outside my home.

Best regards,
Jorge.