On 11/27/14 22:01, jungle Boogie wrote:
Hi Stan,
On 27 November 2014 at 19:49, Stan Gammons <sg063...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 11/27/14 21:35, jungle Boogie wrote:
Anyone have any objections? I know the NICs are not intel so that will
probably get a strike against it, but I like the low power.

I have a couple of the APU1C's and they are Ok.  They had and to some extent
still have a few BIOS issues. Perhaps it's nit picking, but I wish they
would fix the LED link rate issue.  The APU's do run pretty warm, but that
doesn't seem to hurt reliability.

Well I think to run free/openBSD, you have to run a bios update.
Hopefully there's a newer bios that resolved those issues you

The latest BIOS, 9/8/2014, doesn't fix the LED issue.

I saw Brad's comments in the other email. The APU is Ok to use as a home firewall. I have no experience on using one in more demanding environment.

Stan