1) lynx has some amazingly insecure code

2) the installer installs a functional pkg.conf if you installed from
the network.

On 2015 Mar 04 (Wed) at 10:11:17 -0500 (-0500), Bob Eby wrote:
:Lynx is gone.  Wow just wow, I'm stupefied by just how much you guys have
:removed from base.
:
:The least you could do is put something on afterboot useful to getting a
:web browser up and running.  Note: it's usually helpful to have a
:web-browser to do things like oh, I don't know, find a suitable mirror for
:pkg_add?
:
:It was fun playing with the packet filter all those years ago, but I think
:I've had my fill of OpenBSD after lack of new hard drive formats, WPA2
:hassles, failure to get very popular and important firmwares (ipw anyone?)
:into the distribution.  (Nothing like installing over a wireless NIC when
:you don't have the firmware and can't download it over said NIC)
:
:Honestly, every new box I try to find some use for OpenBSD but every time
:play nethack. I guess, yeah, *thats* more important than a default web
:browser)
:

--
Might as well be frank, monsieur.  It would take a miracle to get you
out of Casablanca and the Germans have outlawed miracles.