On 04-03-2015 15:48, Jeff St. George wrote:
> Its not in my pay grade to offer a technical opinion on Lynx removal!
> But ,,,,,,WHAT r u folks using instead, considering??????
Well, for the task the OP mentioned, finding a mirror for pkg_add, you
could do plenty of things to accomplish that. netcating to the OpenBSD
site and running the http get's by hand is one that comes to mind.
curling the mirrors page is another. The fact is, there are no
decent/secure text mode browsers, and given the discussion on tech@ last
year about lynx removal, I believe it should have gone sooner. I don't
think any other text mode browser will make into base in the near
future, unless someone develops a secure one.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini