Am 03.05.2015 um 10:32 schrieb Stuart Henderson:
On 2015-05-02, Markus Rosjat <ros...@ghweb.de> wrote:
okay it seems dovecot runs root and not as the _dovecot user so applying
a login class for the dovecote group only helps if you add root to it
and nor it seems to start properly.
How are you starting Dovecot? The login class mechanism is only used
when started with rcctl or /etc.rc.d/dovecot.
I enabled it with rcctl but like I said when I ps -aux use I get the info that the process is owned by root. So to fix the problem with teh open files I had to add root to _dovecot group to add the login class behaviour.
So lets see how far we get to configure ldap with it.
This is the same as on other OS.
well I want to use existing database and a simple approach to copy the old db to the new installation seems to work beside some warnings I get for now but I think thats something I have to figure out
2. is it worth the effort trying to get sendmail (the ldap flavour)
installed or should I just skip it for
     a different program?
Use whichever MTA works best for you, there are several with LDAP support.

well Im a bit scared when I see the sendmail setup from a old system I use as reference so I was just wondering if its worth to go the painful way to in trying to get it to work on a testsystem :-P

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT