I see what you mean.

This, I think, is close to what you're looking for, but I'm not 100% certain of how to accomplish exactly what you want:

  nexthop qualify via bgp
  listen on A.B.C.D  ## vrf member address of, say, em1
  rtable 2  ## put vrf interface into rdomain 2 via ifconfig?
  rdomain 2 {
    rd 123:456
    depend on em1
  }
  neighbor VPNCLIENT1 {
    depend on em1
  }

...I don't know how to avoid running a separate instance of bgpd(8) per VRF, however.

Given that OpenBSD has, apparently, a working MPLS + LDP implementation, this is obviously yet another case where the manual pages contain enough information

Based on jeker's MPLS paper back at EuroBSDCon 2011, it may be the case that BGP + VRF really only works work mpe(4).

Ah! I found someone else's documentation that explains it... you do still need to use rdomain0, but you MUST tag the routes. rdomain0 contains everything, including the [possibly overlapping] routes, but with prefixes to keep them separate.

See http://firstyear.id.au/entry/21. Also see jeker's explanation (perhaps dated) here: http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/Using-RDomain-setup-with-pf-4-and-bgpd-8-td42066.html.

(Also check out http://lmgtfy.com/?q=openbsd+bgp+vrf. Admittedly, the fourth or fifth result _is_ this thread :-/.)

Failing that, as I can't tell for certain if it does what you want, wait for Claudio, Henning, or whoever else is working on it now to figure out how to make it work better! I hear sending them beer sometimes helps...

-Adam