On 2015-08-23, George <g.lis...@nodeunit.com> wrote:

>> probably have to add something to /etc/rc.conf.local like
>> isc_named_flags=YES
>
> Thanks for taking the time. FYI the 2 changes, above, did not work it
> still fails starting. I shall look into moving to the other 2 when I
> get the time.

isc_named needs to start after ldconfig, which is too late for the things
you ask about.

You could use unbound as resolver, even if it's just on localhost. If it
needs to resolve a name that BIND is authoritative for before BIND starts,
it'll just query your other NS instead.

Having NFS rely on DNS is not ideal. I don't see why dhcpd would
need DNS to run at all?