On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 02:03:34PM -0200, Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior
wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Em 02-11-2015 23:52, Andrew Fresh escreveu:
> >Yes, we don't support many of the algorithms that the tests attempt to
> >use.  I should probably push this patch upstream (with improvements) but
> >have not yet had time.
> >

>https://github.com/afresh1/OpenBSD-perl/blob/master/patches/GOOD/fix_crypt_t
ests.patch

> I took a look at your patch but didn't understand the objective of it.
>
> There are some comments as "# Use Blowfish", do you mean using
> Crypt::Blowfish crypt function instead?

No, from `man 3 crypt`

   Blowfish crypt
     The Blowfish version of crypt has 128 bits of salt in order to make
     building dictionaries of common passwords space consuming.
     The version number, the logarithm of the number of rounds and the
     concatenation of salt and hashed password are separated by the ‘$’
     character.  An encoded ‘8’ would specify 256 rounds.  A valid
Blowfish
     password looks like this:

     “$2b$12$FPWWO2RJ3CK4FINTw0Hi8OiPKJcX653gzSS.jqltHFMxyDmmQ0Hqq”.

> Maybe a conditional block from Test::More help with that (including
skipping
> the test at all) would help, based on the osname from Config module.

Perhaps, although with that patch the tests pass.  I am sure I'll come up with
something.

> >That would be helpful, along with specific versions of perl you are
> >trying to install.
>
> Here it goes:
<SNIP>
> Use of uninitialized value in substr at op/crypt.t line 43.
> substr outside of string at op/crypt.t line 43.
<SNIP>
> I tried to install the latest perl available (5.22.0).

This looks like the errors the patch addresses, so yes, something
changed in 5.8.  The other crypt's got tedu'd

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=142835341405554&w=2

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot
      be resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.