On 2015-11-27, Loïc BLOT <loic.b...@unix-experience.fr> wrote:
> Hello @misc
> this evening i would thanks all OpenBSD team for their great OS for
> Security & Networking. I'm using OpenBSD as a router at home on my
> Orange FTTH link and it works great.
>
> As an improvement i would request developpers/ports maintainer three
> features:
>
> 1. On every OpenBSD i need to make a kernel patch to set the vlan
> priority on my PPPoE packets (because of orange restrictions using a
> custom priority on PPPoE instead of standard). I looked at the code and
> pf.prio is only used on ICMP & TCP as i see. Is this possible to extend
> to PPPoE ? This could be great.

It's not possible with PF. I sent a diff to move the various places
that set prio in pppoe under a single #define that would make it easier
to modify (and having them in one place would make it easier to add a
sysctl or ioctl later), but didn't get any feedback yet.

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=144361652011039&w=2

> Orange has now PPPoE but provide DHCPv4 + DHCPv6/PD feature to connect
> to their network as a replacement (it's in test ATM but available now
> for somes who use a custom router, instead of the Livebox). I see two
> missing things in OpenBSD embedded tools
> 2. isc-dhcp-client package provide the feature permitting to add custom
> options when using dhclient. Is this possible to have a such feature in
> the base dhclient instead of having only some restricted features ?

What option do you need? If it's not in dhcp-options(5) it can be set
by number, but if it's something common that we're missing, we could
add it.

> 3. OpenBSD doesn't have a DHCPv6/PD client and It's commonly used by
> operators. Also, dibbler is not available in ports, whereas it works
> perfect if you add a little portability patch to fix some paths
> /var/lib => /var/db . Is this possible to import dibbler in ports tree
> for next OpenBSD release, or if you get some time to have a DHCPv6/PD
> OpenBSD tool (with custom options :D) ?

dhcpcd is in ports and works, there are simple instructions in the
pkg-readme for the common case.

Some people use the old wide DHCPv6 client.

I have a port for dibbler but I didn't want to import it in the shape
it's in because it doesn't work with OpenBSD's normal libtool, only
the GNU one, and there are already several alternatives.