Miniroot isn't available after install is it? I suspect mirrors choose to
change mid-cycle too and should a user have to put in the install disk to
find a more convenient mirror selection method? I want to be able to offer
statistics about the mirrors maybe piped to 'more', so the user can choose
from a small subset of the total choices. Maybe the closest local mirror
isn't the best choice. And do it in a way that doesn't introduce new
unaudited networking code, beyond inter-thread plaintext character pipes.