On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:42:37PM +0100, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
>  * lpd(8)/lpc(8)/lpr(1) is very old and suffering from bitrot.

I do use lpd system. It works, but is clunky and sometimes frustrating
to get everything working for a new printer, local or network. It also
totally fails on some print jobs, badly sent ones, but they just sit
there in the queue and need to be manually removed. Ugh!  I will give
that a go unless someone else is doing it. Trying to fix bad old code
should be very educational. I'm definitely not qualified to work on the
existing excellent code. That's a job for the pro's that have more
important work to do.

Chris Bennett