Ah, I now understand that this problem is mindbogglingly complex because of tons and tons of work needed to make it work, including the storage format on the SSD cache, and tools for "fsck":ing it etc etc. In a way that maybe answered my question, thanks!

On 2016-01-31 19:00, Tinker wrote:
If there is nothing like this implemented in software in OpenBSD,

 * If someone implemented it, would there be interest to actually
include the patch in OpenBSD?

 * Could a direct personal donation (separate from the normal
donations to the OpenBSD project) to a developer be of use for making
this happen, if so how big a donation, of what value would USD 1,000
be in proportion?

   Not sure right now but next 12 months I could consider this, if you
have any ideas about who feel free to respond or PM or anything you
like.