IMHO it's for misc.

So, yes, feel free to donate to either OpenBSD foundation or directly
to interested developer. I'm sure your donation will be appreciated.

In your list you omitted two other options how to speed your hdd access:

- buy more RAM and increase caching, on AMD64 it would probably need
to use IOMMU so either new development or resurrection of this from
the past would be needed. This should help you with read.

- sponsor WAPBL enhancements to support data logging and external
journal. This should speed your write access.

If you are interested in softraid, then perhaps some funding of fixes
which would allow running several softraid drives on top of another
would be great way to reuse your specific caching softraid discipline
with whatever softraid OpenBSD supports now.

And do not forget that development takes time so I would strongly
recommend you to contact OpenBSD foundation just on Monday morning and
send them your money contribution with a plea for work -- especially
if you like to use that in 12 month timeframe in production
environment.