On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM, Eric Furman <ericfur...@fastmail.net> wrote:
> These requests for 'Real World' numbers are almost always
> stupid, because the people asking are almost certain to never
> need the max amount of bandwidth even a modest machine
> can supply. Really? Are you actually considering this box
> for use at the telecommunications provider you work for?

Mm... I think you should have left out this paragraph.

(1) It's true: technically most people really do not "need" computers.
Some food, and a place to sleep - those are things people actually
need.

(2) That said, there are other circumstances where bandwidth or
throughput might matter to someone's opinion of how well they are
doing (for example when they have to deal with a number of local
machines -- perhaps because they are working with groups of other
people, or perhaps because they have a variety of machines at home --
and are moving large things between these machines).

(3) Machine performance can matter even when neither bandwidth nor
throughput is a bottleneck, if the machine is multipurpose.

(4) Being stupid should be thought of as a part of the learning
process - something to get over, certainly, but an aspect of something
everyone has to go through.

And, I imagine I am being stupid, here, myself - since I have nothing
to contribute about the actual performance of any APU2 machines. So:
if you want to tell me about how stupid I am, please do it by emailing
me directly, and do not burden this list with your reactions to my
stupidity.

Thanks,

--
Raul