>>> Heat: The APUs have an innovative design where the CPU heat sink
>>> is coupled to the case.  Since this is typically assembled by the
>>> customer, a lot of attention is drawn to it and people obsess over
>>> the CPU temperature.  It's a nonissue.

I've got hold of an APU2C2 now. Agreed - but most of the temperature
comments where about APU1 where this was not the case, especially with
the version of OpenBSD that was around when the hardware first became
available they really were uncomfortably warm. With the 2C2 I'm now
happy to use it pretty much anywhere I'd use an ALIX.