On 23-5-2016 8:45, li...@wrant.com wrote:

>>> This gonna be fun for me.
>>> But i will do it.
>>
>> I know very well what you mean.  Then, if you want to cut time short,
>> you can preemptively start looking direct into the suspected trouble
>> zone, either hardware, equipment configuration and/or software set up.
>>
>> With this second approach, you can ask a direct question once you find
>> the point of hesitation and/or concern.  Just walking the trouble path
>> is often enough to get you out of the "unseeing" mode and find it quick.
>
> One more important thing, if you are using the ISP provided name servers
> or name service from the broadband equipment (duh), you can bypass these
> and use own local direct resolving recursive name server on your gateway.

as say's.
took again a look at my config's

And made these changes.

dhcpd.conf.
Added 2nd nameserver
option  domain-name-servers 192.168.0.240, 192.168.1.240;
was
option  domain-name-servers 192.168.0.240;
dont ask me why, but this did the trick for most websited.

resolv.conf
WAS
## resolv.conf ##
 # Generated by re0 dhclient
search xs4non.nl
nameserver 192.168.0.240
nameserver 192.168.1.240
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
lookup file bind

is now.
# Generated by re0 dhclient
domain xs4non.nl
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

fixed most of the rest of borked websites,
 ex 1.
that still gives some ping isues.

but i looked this morning in my modem, i readed somewhere the thing
should get new firmware, and surpricingly it had a option in the dns
section where i can add 8 more dns servers.
so i added there als the google dns (unless some1 has beter adresses)

now its, waiting time

and i revamped named.conf
personaly i think i have a isue in it.
but,. i am still doing the error tree search..

Tony.