On 2016-07-05, Nick Holland <n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
> Think about it.  If someone is MAINTAINING multiple versions of a
> package, they are doing it because they feel there is some REASON that
> multiple versions.

Even in those cases, there is often one particular version which is
the "correct" or "normal" version for many cases, and people who need
something else will usually already know it.

For example, at the moment - postfix: normally stable. openldap:
normally 2.4. autoconf: normally 2.69. I would see some value in
the porter having an optional way to set one to present as the
default ("hit enter") for interactive pkg_add, or to use
automatically for non-interactive.