On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:05:42PM -0400, Brian B wrote:
>> Run an ??ber cheap VM (or a pair for HA) in AWS or Azure and use their
underlying cloud storage, albeit at a cost premium.

>> That way you can setup any number of protocols to access the storage.
>
> Thanks, that's actually a _really_ good idea. I'll have to check on pricing
and disk space but that might be the answer. In a lot of ways.

> Thank you!

To add on to this (and to beat a dead horse), in use-cases such as this one,
you can leave machines off and only boot them when needed (typically through
the AWS API) to save on EC2 instance costs.  So, for example, if you have a
script that syncs a bunch of data once a week (or even, say once a day), you
may boot the machine - sync your files - and then shut the machine down again.
If you're using a nano-sized instance, it should cost you practically
nothing.