Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:54:05 +0200 Denis Fondras <open...@ledeuns.net>
> Hi John,
>
> > Can anybody recommend a good cloud storage provider that has access
> > via sftp or rsync tunneled through ssh? Everything I have found
> > seems targeted at Windows, Linux, phones etc. with no
> > platform-agnostic interface.
>
> French hoster Online.net has a new storage service called C14.
> https://blog.online.net/2016/07/04/c14-the-secure-cold-storage-platform-for-free-during-the-summer/
>
> It is cheap and you can access with rsync but it is "cold storage"
> and the delay might make it a no-go. It is also hosted in France so
> the government blackboxes will read all your traffic :o

Also, French OVH offers personal dedicated servers (kimsufi.com brand),
located in FR and CA for lower monthly than most virtual server offers.

OVH Kimsufi (USD)
[https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/servers.xml]

OVH Kimsufi (EUR)
[https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml]

You can install OpenBSD and get away with real HDD storage inexpensive.
They also offer OpenStack KVM SSD VPS packages, these I've not tested:

OVH VPS SSD (USD)
https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml

OVH VPS SSD (EUR)
https://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-ssd.xml

I'm not related to these, it's inexpensive enough to self host though..