> make sure your SQL encoding is set to unicode/UTF8, I recently did a fresh

install and the encoding ended up as SQL_ASCII and performance was abysmal.

Switching to UTF-8 and performance was as expected. (this was with postgresql)
Mmh, I checked my mysql settings and they are still utf8 - and I have a really
poor performance anyway. At the same machine also tine20 is running quite much
much faster. For caching I use redis (also for tine20) and tried all the
performance tips from owncloud/nextcloud. I use php56 and nginx from ports.
Any other idea?