On 2017-03-07 15:34, Karel Gardas wrote:
So if data correctness is your mantra, you don't need whole ZFS for it.

ZFS appeals to me for the snapshots / compression type stuff.

Well, I've not submitted my code yet
for the second attempt (first you can find in the archive) since I got
kind of stuck in rewrite for family/life reasons but I still keep my
hope on it and also hope it'll be delivered sooner than HAMMER2...

HAMMER2 looks good on paper for many reasons, especially the clusters support. But considering "on paper" is really all we have at the moment, it will likely be a long time. Either way, it's nice to see soft softraid development. One of these days i will get around to writing RAID10 and / or trying to finish up RAID6 if that isn't done by then.